Monday, January 18, 2010

Birds of a feather flock together...

As I was driving home from my fabulous birthday gathering last night, the phrase "Birds of a feather flock together" popped in to my thoughts. Growing up it was a phrase my mother would throw at me often, trying to get the point across "your friends are a reflection of who you are." I did not always agree with this statement. I had a tendency to feel for the troubled kids, so I would befriend them. Somewhere deep inside I felt that I could relate to their brokenness, it felt safe to know I wasn't the only one so broken.

It seems that my story line has changed and I didn't even notice it! The friends who I had spent my entire weekend with during different events are the most fabulous, kind, wondrous, creative beings. I am so blessed and grateful that these individuals choose to be around me, allowing me to bask in their glorious essence.

So I say a deep heartfelt thank you to the universe for the blessing of amazing friendships!

Namaste,
Tonia

No comments:

Followers