Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Relationship to Self

I was reminded once again how important it is to have a loving relationship with ourselves. How the choices we make can be so greatly affected by whether or not we are connected to the deepest part of ourselves. I witnessed a young girl today who was in such despair about a poor choice that she had made. I couldn't help but wonder if her choice would have been different if she had loved herself more than she did in the moment that she chose. I wanted to reach out to her and let her know that she is not her choice. I wanted to tell her to forgive herself and remember the divine nature that she truly is. I have made plenty of poor choices in the past and did not love myself while choosing. How I wish at the time I had someone to tell me I am not my choice I just simply made a bad one for the moment and that I can choose again.

I am frustrated and saddened by a tendency to think that kids that act out our just bad kids and not worth the trouble. I don't believe this to be true from the deepest part of my soul. I see them as children that our just not whole and who are desperately trying to find themselves in anyway possible. I want so badly to save these children and give them hope. I want to teach them to love themselves and honor who they are. In the mean time I urge you to love yourself, and to teach your children to love who they are. I pray for the highest and best good for the children of the world.

Namaste,
Tonia

No comments:

Followers